The Terrible Terrorist Test
1 May 2013
‘Muslims are evil. Let’s kill them all’ — Twitter by US Fox TV commentator Erik Rush, reacting to Boston bombing, April 15, 2013
“Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left a note claiming responsibility for the April attack, describing it as retribution for U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq… In the note, Tsarnaev described the bombing victims as “collateral damage,” CBS reports. “When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims,” Tsarnaev wrote. He described his brother Tamerlan, who died in a shootout with police, as a martyr.” — John Miller, CBS, 16 May 2013
1. Which is the best definition of “terrorism”?
a. Foreigners killing Americans
b. Radical Muslims killing Americans
c. Radical Christians killing Muslims
d. Targeting and killing civilians for political and military gain
2. Before organizing the biggest terrorist act against the United States, Ben Laden was trained by:
a. SAVAK of Iran
b. MOSSAD of Israel
c. KGB of Russia
d. CIA of the USA
3. The first terrorist act of al-Qaida in the United States was committed against:
a. A Jewish Rabi
b. A Catholic Bishop
c. A Christian Scientist
d. A Muslim Scientist
4. Which one of these statements has not yet been made by the Bush government and American mainstream media to justify the invasion of Iraq?
a. Saddam helped al-Qaida.
b. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.
c. Will bring democracy to Iraq and they will welcome us with flowers.
d. Our oil companies, contractors and Military Industry Complex need to make bloody profit.
5. In 22 July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik, a then 32-year-old Norwegian right-wing extremist, attacked the government, the civilian population and
a Workers’ Youth League (AUF)-run summer camp claiming a total of 77 lives and injuring more than 300, mostly teenagers. Which one of these descriptions was NOT used by the American mainstream media for the culprit of the 2011 Norway Attacks?
a. Lone-Wolf Terrorist
b. Right-wing extremist
c. Mass murderer
d. Christian Terrorist
6. In September 11, 2001 approximately 3000 Americans were killed by terrorists. But many Americans are killed every year. There have been an estimated how many gun deaths in the United States, a figure that includes homicides, suicides, and unintentional shooting deaths?
a. About 1000
b. About 5000
c. About 10000
d. About 30,000
7. On July 1995, Bosnian Serbs killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys, as well as the ethnic cleansing of another 25,000–30,000 refugees, in and around the town of Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina in what is now referred to as the Srebrenica massacre… Which one of these descriptions was not used by the mainstream American media?
a. Serbian Nationalists
b. Serbian gunman
c. Serb forces
d. Christian Terrorists
8. Which one of these descriptions is never used by the American mainstream media for Jews or Israel?
a. Israeli soldiers, Jewish settlers
b. Our closest ally
c. The only democracy in the Middle East
d. Jewish terrorists, our terrorist ally
9. Which of these corrupt and criminal dictators and terrorists were not supported by the USA?
a. Reza Shah (Iran), Saddam Hussein (Iraq), Mubarak (Egypt), Saud family (Saudi Arabia), Mobutu (Zaire), Menachem Begin (Israel),
b. Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines), Suharto (Indonesia), Kamirov (Uzbekistan)
c. Gen. Augusto Pinochet (Chili), Gen Jorge Rafael Videla (Argentina), Anastasio Somoza (Nicaragua), Col. Hugo Banzer (Bolivia)
d. Col. Qaddafi (Libya), Abdul Nasser (Egypt), Hafiz Assad (Syria)
10. We have witnessed some incidents where those of convicted of adultery were “stoned to death” in Afghanistan and Iran. Which of these “holy books” contain such a law? (You may check more than one).
b. The New Testament
c. The Old Testament
d. Jewish and Arab hearsay books, such as Talmud and Hadith books
11. Which one of these is the biggest terrorist act in last century?
a. 9/11 World Trade Center Attack, 2001
b. Sabra and Shatila massacre, 1982
c. Oklahoma City Bombing by Timothy McVeigh, 1995
d. Bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, 1945.
12. Besides ACLU and many other civil organizations, which one of these politicians and opinion leaders condemned torture and stood against its justification?
a. David Horowitz, Robert Spencer
b. Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity, Rick Perry
c. Senators Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas), Greg Ball (R-N.Y)
d. Senator McCain (R-AZ), congressmen Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Bob Filner (D-CA), Dennis Kucinich (D-CA)
13. The critics of American foreign policy argue that the terrorist gangs are reaction to or by-product of the US long tradition of invasions, wars, covert operations and support for tyrants. They claim that War on Terror is the propaganda tool to keep the wheels of the Military Industrial Complex oily, to intimidate third world countries to favor and grant concessions for American companies, to buy surplus or outdated weapons, etc. They also argue that the American government, which has become subservient to global companies, uses fear and paranoia to force the American citizens to trade their civil liberties, freedoms and privacy rights for more security. In 2012 the US military budget was bigger than the military budget of which of these countries?:
a. Russia and China combined.
b. UK, Japan and France combined.
c. Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil combined.
d. All of the above combined.
14. Edip Yüksel, in a speech at European Parliament, strongly condemned the USA’s use of drones to assassinate people around the world without trial. “We are now using drones to assassinate people without trial, poor people who stand against our aggression and hegemony. The list of wars, covert operations and countries bombed by the USA-Inc, printed in 9 points Times Roman, single space, one line for each country, is five times longer than my middle finger. With Cognitive Dissonance every bloody list is possible!” (Edip Yuksel, excerpt from speech made in European Parliament, Brussels, June 7, 2012). The USA and Israeli Drones have been terrorizing millions of people in many Middle and Far East countries. How many civilians do the drones kill for every “terrorist”?
a. 2 civilians for every terrorist.
b. 5 civilians for every terrorist.
c. 10 civilians for every terrorist.
d. 50 civilians for every terrorist.
ANSWERS for The Terrible Terrorist Test
1. The universally accepted definition of terrorism: Targeting and killing civilians for political gain
2. Before organizing the biggest terrorist act against the United States, Ben Laden was trained by: CIA of the USA
3. The first terrorist act of al-Qaida in the United States was committed against: A Muslim Scientist, Dr. Rashad Khalifa, Tucson, Arizona.
“Dr. Rashad Khalifa, was assassinated in 1990 by a terrorist organization organized in Salt Lake city. The members of al-Fuqra, which was later claimed to be affiliated with Ben Laden’s newly founded Al-Qaida, stabbed him to death in our Tucson Mosque. The assassination of my mentor and its aftermath was widely covered by Arizona Daily Star and Tucson Weekly and local radio and TV stations. After September 11, the national media picked up the story. For instance, Newsweek and Dan Rather at CBS Evening News declared this incident to be Al-Qaida’s first terrorist act in the USA. See: CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, on October 26, 2001; cover story of Newsweek, January 14, 2002, p.44. On March 19, 2002, KPHO-TV at Phoenix, a CBS affiliate, in its evening news, broadcast an interview with me under the headline: Traces of Al Qaeda Cell in Tucson. However, despite its importance in revealing the theological vulnerability of Al-Qaida, this first terrorist event did not receive the attention it deserved. Curiously, The 9/11 Commission Report (2002) left out this important first act of terrorism in the US from the report.” (Edip Yuksel, NINETEEN: God’s Signature in Nature and Scripture, BrainbowPrees, 2011, p. 361)
4. “Our oil companies, contractors and Military Industry Complex need to make bloody profit,” was never been said by the Bush administration and American mainstream media to justify the invasion of Iraq.
Associated Press, Iraq Body Count Project, Iraq Family Health Survey, Lancent Survey provides different numbers for war casualties in Iraq. The minimum number given by these sources for Iraqi civilians killed in violence as direct cause of USA invasion of Iraq between 2003-2012 is more than 110,000. Lancent Survey counts more than 600,000 violent deaths from March 2003 to June 2006, while The Opinion Research Business Survey puts the number above 1 Million Iraqis between March 2003 and June 2006.
5. In 22 July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik, a then 32-year-old Norwegian right-wing extremist, attacked the government, the civilian population and a Workers’ Youth League (AUF)-run summer camp claiming a total of 77 lives and injuring more than 300, mostly teenagers. The description that was NOT used by the American main media for the culprit of the 2011 Norway Attacks: Christian Terrorist
Anders Behring Breivik in his statement after the arrest listed some Islamophobes as his major source of inspiration, such as Robert Spencer, Pam Geller and Daniel Pipes. His compendium, according to the news, “contains his militant far-right ideology and xenophobic worldview, which espouses an array of political concepts; including support for varying degrees of cultural conservatism, right-wing populism, ultranationalism, Islamophobia, “far-right Zionism”, and Serbian paramilitarism. It regards Islam and “cultural Marxism” as the enemy and argues for the annihilation of “Eurabia” and multiculturalism, to preserve a Christian Europe.” Anders further urged Europeans to restore the historic crusades against Islam as in the Middle Ages.
6. Every year about 30,000 Americans are killed by gun arms unrelated to the so-called “terrorism”. For instance, on December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza (20) attacked Sandy Hook Elementary school, killing 28 students and staff.
Adam Lanza, who terrorized and killed elementary school children, was not declared as an “American terrorist.”
“Since 9/11, the Brady Campaign tells us, there have been an estimated 334,168 gun deaths* in the United States, a figure that includes homicides, suicides, and unintentional shooting deaths. The total is 100 times larger than the toll of September 11, 2001. Each year, since that day, approximately 30,000 people have been killed by firearms in America.” (Andrew Cohen, Under a Blood Red Sky, The Atlantic Monthly, 21 July 2012).
7. The mainstream American media never referred to the Christian Serbs who slaughtered and raped thousands of Bosnian Muslims as Christian Terrorists.
“The most vocal of the haters are almost always religious Christians. They make excuses for things like the Spanish Inquisition and other massacres saying those were before the Christian church was reformed. Apparently it wasn’t much of a reform. We had Christian terrorist Timothy McVeigh murder 168 people. We’ve had Christian terrorists attack abortion doctors. And of course, the KKK. One of the most brutal acts of Christian terrorism is often overlooked. That is the Bosnian Genocide, which refers to the attempted annihilation of Muslims by Christian Serbs in former Yugoslavia from about 1992-1995. On July 1995, Bosnian Serbs killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys, as well as the ethnic cleansing of another 25,000–30,000 refugees, in and around the town of Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina in what is now referred to as the Srebrenica massacre… Of course, right-wingers have spun all the facts on the U.S. involvement in the Bosnian conflict because, 1) it was an act by a Democratic president, and 2) because the criminals were Christians and the victims were Muslims. Had we intervened sooner, many more lives could have been saved. But at least we did intervene and the region has been peaceful since that time. It was one of America’s more successful foreign interventions.” (Ben Hoffman, Christian Terrorism: The Bosnian Genocide, The Hoffman Post, 18 September 2010).
8. The phrases such as, Jewish terrorists, our terrorist ally are never used by the American mainstream media for Jews or Israeli state.
As of 1st May 2013, according to http://ifamericansknew.orgsite:
- 129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,516 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.
- 1,097 Israelis and at least 6,638 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000.
- 9,081 Israelis and 49,518 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000.
- Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none.
- 0 Israelis are being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 4,656 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.
- 0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 27,000 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967.
- Israel currently has 269 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.
- During Fiscal Year 2011, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.5 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians.
9. Col. Qaddafi (Libya), Abdul Nasser (Egypt), Hafiz Assad (Syria) are the few corrupt and criminal dictators and terrorists who were not supported by the USA.
“Eric Holder argued that using lethal military force against an American in his home country would be legal and justified in an “extraordinary circumstance” comparable to the September 11 terrorist attacks. “The president could conceivably have no choice but to authorise the military to use such force if necessary to protect the homeland,” Mr Holder said. His statement was described as “more than frightening” by Senator Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, who had demanded to know the Obama administration’s position on the subject. “It is an affront the constitutional due process rights of all Americans,” said Mr Paul, a 50-year-old favourite of the anti-government Tea Party movement, who is expected to run for president in 2016. …. Mr Obama has been sharply criticised for the secrecy surrounding his extension of America’s “targeted killing” campaign against al-Qaeda terrorist suspects using missile strikes by unmanned drones. The secret campaign has killed an estimated 4,700 people in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. A quarter are estimated to have been civilians prompting anger among human rights campaigners. According to research by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, drone strikes killed between 474 and 881 civilians – including 176 children – in Pakistan between 2004 and last year.” (Johnn Swayne, Washington; Barack Obama ‘has authority to use drone strikes to kill Americans on US soil’, The Telegraph, 6 March 2013)
10. Man-made insertion to The Old Testament and Jewish and Arab hearsay books, such as Talmud and Hadith books contains instructions for “stoning to death” for adultery.
Below is an excerpt from Manifesto for Islamic Reform by Edip Yuksel, BrainbowPress, 2007, pp. 13-14)
Stoning-to-death is never recommended in the Quran as a punishment for any crime. It was a Jewish practice which found its way into the practice of the so-called Muslims centuries after the revelation of the Quran, through hadith and sunna. The God who legislated a hundred lashes for married adulterers who accept the jurisdiction of Islam (24:1-10; 4:25) is the same God who made the Quran clear (24:1), who does not have any shortage of words (31:27), who is the best legislator (5:50), who does not forget (19:64), and who has detailed the Quran (11:1; 6:114; 12:111).
Ironically, the word rajm is used in the Quran not for stoning but for rejecting and excommunicating. This is a common threat used by pagans against monotheists (11:91; 19:46; 36:18; 18:20).
The Old Testament instructs a stoning-to-death penalty for various sins and crimes, including witchcraft; blasphemy, violating the Sabbath, and murder:
“Again, thou shall say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that gives any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.” (Leviticus 20:2) “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:27) “And he that blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemes the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.” (Leviticus 24:16) “And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.” (Numbers 15:35) “And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.” (Numbers 35:17) “But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father’s house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.” (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Exodus chapter 21 has many more stoning-to-death instructions. Even animals get their share of this stoning penalty:
“If a bull gores a man or a woman to death, the bull must be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten.” (Exodus 21:28)
According to the Old Testament, a rapist should be forced to marry the girl he violated. This rule punishes the victim to share the rest of her life with the violent and shameless man who violated her (Deuteronomy 22:28-30). How can this and many other unjust laws be imposed by a Just God?
11. If you define terrorism as the “targeting and killing civilians for political and military gain”, then the biggest terrorist act in last century was the Bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, 1945.
Within 4 months of the bombings, 90,000–166,000 people were killed in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki, about half of the deaths occurring on the first day. In 1982 Christian Phalanjists supported by Israeli military entered Palestinian refugee camps in Beirut, Lebanon and slaughtered about 3,500 Palestinian civilians.
12. Besides ACLU and many other civil organizations, Senator McCain (R-AZ), congressmen Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Bob Filner (D-CA), Dennis Kucinich (D-CA) condemned torture and stood against its justification.
Thousands of prisoners in Iraqi jails, especially, in Guantanamo Bay and Abu Gharib were subjected to appalling series of systematic tortures, which is called “enhanced interrogation techniques” by the US government. It was the application of the so-called Torture Manuals, which was partially declassified in 1996 by the Pentagon. Thousands of Iraqis and Afghans were raped and sodomized by American soldiers and contractors for years. And knowing the history of imperialism, I am sure that it still continues in many places around the world. No more than 30 of the despicable men and women who committed those atrocities were punished. Compared to their crimes, they received light punishment. They also disserved American people by inflaming the rage and anger against Americans, thereby adding more recruits to the terrorist organizations. The New York Times, on January 12, 2005, reported testimony suggesting that the following actions had taken place at Abu Ghraib:
• Urinating on detainees.
• Jumping on detainee’s leg (a limb already wounded by gunfire) with such force that it could not heal properly afterward.
• Continuing by pounding detainee’s wounded leg with collapsible metal baton.
• Pouring phosphoric acid on detainees.
• Sodomization of detainees with a baton.
• Tying ropes to the detainees’ legs or penises and dragging them across the floor.
Though many Americans were shocked to hear the news of torture, they forgot about it as fast as they were shocked by it!
Knowing the power of state propaganda, jingoism and common hypocrisy, many politicians promote torture based on outlandish scenarios and fear, despite the fact that torture does not help in gathering reliable information.
The table blow is sufficient to indict the USA as the major violator of human rights. It is from my friend Noam Chomsky’s book, The Washington Connection and Third World Fascism.
13. The U.S. spent more on defense in 2012 than did the countries with the next 10 highest defense budgets combined. The 10 countries spent $652 Billion while the USA-Inc spent $682 Billion, which does not include veteran benefits and healthcare costs!
14. Predator Drone strikes: 50 civilians are killed for every 1 “terrorist“.
Torture (Countries With US training) – Post World War II to 1975
Torture Countries identified by Amnesty International
US military Aid in $
Source: The Washington Connection and Third World Fascism, Chomsky N, Herman ES, Spokesman (1979), ISBN 0-89608-090-0, pg 361