“I was shown the Hell-fire an that the majorit of tis dwellers are women.” Buhari: 29, 304, 1052, 1462, 3241, 5197, 5198, 6449, 6546. Muslim: 80, 885, 907, 2737, 2738. Tirmizi: 635, 2602, 2603, 2613. Nesei: 1493, 1575. İbni Maje: 4003. Malik: 445. Darimi: 1007. İbni Hanbel: 2087, 2706, 3364, 3376, 3559, 4009, 4027, 4111, 4140, 5321, 6574, 7891, 8645, 14386, 27562, 27567, 19336, 19351, 19415, 19425, 19480, 19484, 20743, 21729, 26508.
37 books recommended by Edip Yüksel, in no particular order, except the obvious one.
1. Language and Symbolic Power, Bourdieu
2. Innumeracy, John Alles Paulos
3. Genius, Harold Bloom
4. Philosophical Investigations, L. Wittgenstein
5. Intelligent Design, William A. Dembsky
6. Losing Faith in Faith, Dan Barker
7. Exploring Islam in a New Light, Abdur Rab
8. Universal History of Numbers, Georges Ifrah
9. Jesus, Interrupted, Bart D. Ehrman
10. Islamic Theory of Evolution, T.O. Shanavas
11. Hegemony or Survival: Noam Chomsky
12. God & The New Physics, Paul Davies
13. The Blind Watchmaker, Richard Dawkins
14. Allah, Liberty and Love, Irshad Manji
15. Professor Stewart’s Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities, Ian Stewart
16. Introduction to Logic, Copi and Cohen
17. Discipline & Punish, Michel Foucault
18. 101 Ethical Dilemmas, Martin Cohen
19. NINETEEN: God’s Signature in Nature and Scripture, Edip Yuksel
20. 101 Philosophy Problems, Martin Cohen
21. Human Body: a Family Reference, Parragon
22. Power of Logical Thinking, Marilyn Vos Savant
23. Quran, Hadith and Islam, Rashad Khalifa
24. The Philosophy Gym, Stephen Law
25. Is God a Mathematician, Mario Livio
26. The Demon-Haunted World, Carl Sagan
27. Flim-Flam, James Randi
28. Why People Believe Weird Things, Michael Shermer
29. Doublespeak, William Lutz
30. Understanding Islamic Law (Shari’a), Raj Bhala
31. The Copernican Revolution, Thomas S. Kuhn
32. The Mathematical Experience, Philip J. Davis
33. Unsolved Problems in Number Theory, Richard K. Guy
34. Losing My Religion, Jeffrey Lang
35. The Math Book, Clifford A. Pickover
36. Perspectives from the Past: Primary Sources in Western Civ. (2 vol), James M. Brophy, et al.
37. Quran: a Reformist Translation, Edip Yuksel, Layth al-Shaiban, Martha Schulte-Nafeh
Pythagoras: “All things accord in number.” Plato: “The highest form of pure thought is in mathematics” Nicomachus: “As it appears, the universe is designed with mathematics.” Hrovista Gandersheim: “God created the world from nothingness and constructed everything with numbers.” Rene Descartes: “All intellectual issues can be united and should be united through mathematics.” Galileo Galilei: “Mathematics is the language God wrote the universe with.” David Hume: “If we take in our hand any volume of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.” John Arbuthnot: “Mathematical knowledge adds vigour to the mind, frees it from prejudice, credulity, and superstition.” Arthur Schopenhauer: “All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; Second, it is violently opposed; Third, it is accepted as self-evident.” James Jeans”The universe appears to be have been designed by a pure mathematician.” Albert Einstein “How is it possible that mathematics, a product of human thought that is independent of experience, fits so excellently the objects of physical reality?” Paul Dirac: “If there is a God, he’s a great mathematician”
“Our real enemies are not those living in a distant land whose names or policies we don’t understand; The real enemy is a system that wages war when it’s profitable, the CEOs who lay us off our jobs when it’s profitable, the Insurance Companies who deny us Health care when it’s profitable, the Banks who take away our homes when it’s profitable. Our enemies are not several hundred thousands away. They are right here in front of us.” – Mike Prysner
We are even more thankful to IDF for illuminating our skies with fireworks to entertain our terrorized and under nourished children. Tough last time during the Cast Lead firework entertainment 1400 hundred of us, 400 being children, died because of over excitement and joy, we understand that every activity, including entertainment, will cause some collateral damage. We now appreciate more the considerate pamphlets they are dropping in Gaza to warn us against the side effects of fireworks.
The poster tells the truth about wars, that the USA-Inc leaders are so willing to start. Unfortunately, the USA is addicted to wars, since the military industrial complex (MIC) feeds more than 40 million Americans, and big corporations make billions of dollars from the making, destruction and sales of weapons. As the late US Major General Smedley Darlington Butler once said, War is a racket!
Here is the distribution of wealth in the USA in 2010. As you see, the top 1% owns more than one third of the entire wealth. Let’s not forget that most of this wealth is acquired through exploitation of the workers, legalized thievery (finance or banking) and through pillaging and plundering the resources of third world countries through puppet regimes, imperialistic mandates, wars and occupations.
Yes, how can such a religion, with a fake name, with a fabricated doctrine, with bizarre pagan practices, and with such a miserable historical record and bitter fruits belong to God? How can it be attributed to a philosopher, to a peacemaker, to an advocate of the rights of the weak, to a human messenger of God?